Rock Bottom

If there is such a thing as “rock bottom” I feel as though I hit it Friday and Saturday.   Friday I woke up with a massive amount of sinus pressure.  This led to a lay around and do absolutely nothing day.  I guess one “benefit” of the single life is that I can still get away with this kinds of things.  Sunday I woke up nausiated and then the slowly developed into another headache and another day of lying around and doing absolutely nothing.  Between those two days I managed to consume an entire stuffed crust pizza by myself chased by a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream.

Yesterday I woke up and the sinus pressure was still there, but I wasn’t going to let it get me down.  I forced myself out the door and cleaned up outside the house.  Grass was cut, mums were pinched, daffodils were tied back and bushes were pruned.  I came back in and took a quick nap.  I think it was a combo of the heat and continued food coma from Saturday and Sunday that triggered the nap.  After about an hour I got myself out of bed and went to work.  Dusting, vacuuming (including moving furniture), windexing, scrubbing, … the whole 9 yards.  The house is spotless and that makes me very happy.  I feel much more in control when everything is in its place.  I still want to go through the stack of papers in the office and do a bit more tidying in the guest room.

As a part of my attempts to conserve energy I have been avoiding turning on the air conditioner.  It was worked really well so far too.  Last night I turned on the ceiling fan and set another fan on the table that I aimed at the dog.  All was well till about 3:30 this morning.  The dog started panting and the whole bed started shaking.  I decided to stop torturing her and headed down to turn on the AC.  By they time morning came around I was freezing, but I know it was going to be a warm and humid day and I didn’t want Tillie to be uncomfy.  I did turn the thermostat up to 72 before leaving the house so that the AC wasn’t working over time.

Got back to running this morning.  I have only run once in the last 10 days.  Between my bad eating and a painful ankle I just couldn’t get myself out the door.  My ankle is feeling great after 3 miles this morning.  I iced my ankle carefully after the run.  I plan to try to keep my mileage down for a while and then slowly build up for the half marathons in the fall.  I do still plan to do 6 miles this weekend and then I have the 7 mile race the next weekend.  After that I will drop the mileage down to a 5 mile long run and build a stronger base. 

3 Responses to “Rock Bottom”

  1. JMom Says:

    I hope you feel better soon. We all hit bottom and the good news is that there is only one way out..up!!

  2. Marcy Says:

    🙁 I agree with Lisa. The only way is up from here, right?

    BTW could you do my house too? LMAO!

  3. Jeff Says:

    I’m with those guys. You sound better already! Sorry we didn’t get our run in this weekend. Looking forward to the Blue Crab unveil!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.